I am a Natural Eyesight Teacher, Psychotherapist and Counsellor.
In my work with eyesight I use the method pioneered by Dr W H Bates, and have been in practice for over 25 years. During this period I have built up several successful practices in Edinburgh, East Lothian and for a time, in London and Aberdeen.
In my private practice I teach Bates Method offering both one to one sessions and if you need it, short intensive courses. I also offer workshops for natural eyesight improvement, an easy introduction to the work.
I work with both adults and children, no matter what the visual challenge is.
Training and Qualifications
- 4 year postgraduate training in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy (CPTI, Edinburgh)
- Diploma in Transactional Analysis (CPTI) COSCA validated
- MSc (Education) (Edinburgh University
- Diploma in Education
- 3 year training in Natural Eyesight Methods based on the Bates Method
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Member of the International Transactional Analysis Association (ITAA)
- Member of the UK Association for Humanistic Psychology Practitioners (AHPP)
- Member of the British Association for Natural Eyesight (BAVE)
I abide by the codes of ethics and professional practice of the above organisations.
- Carried out bodywork training with Meir Schneider in San Francisco
- Delivered a workshop at the School of Self Healing in San Francisco
- The co-founder and principal teacher of the College of Vision Education (www.batescve.co.uk)
- Presented at International Holistic Vision conferences (IHVC) in both France, Italy and Spain
- Presented at the “2nd Natural Vision Conference” in San Francisco
- Organised the 26th IHVC in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Co-organised the “British Natural Eyesight Conferences” (www.bnec.org.uk) held in October 2008, 2010 and 2012
- Professional educator of many years both in Scotland and Canada,
- Have worked as an external examiner/assessor within Nurse Teaching.